Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2016

e.l.f. Illuminating Palette

Back once again with a new post!
So recently before moving into my dorm I got to go to Target with my mom for last-minute "maybe I need this" shopping. Which is always fun. As usual I got distracted in the makeup isle. If you have ready any of my posts previous to this one you would know I love e.l.f. products and I am always ready and willing to try any of their products old or new. When I saw that they had illuminator I nearly lost it, because I love highlighter! So I picked up e.l.f.'s Illuminating Palette ($6) and headed home ready to try it out.
Image from e.l.f.'s website.
So first off for pigmentation, I wouldn't say this is particularly highly pigmented. It shows up on your skin but if you are looking to GLOW this is not your palette. I noticed with setting spray this stayed on all day with no re-applications needed. The colours are good for all skin-tones as well and they are quite shimmery.

Without Flash
With Flash

Overall I would say this would work really well for a subtle natural glow and if you use some primer before hand on your cheeks you'll have even more luck than you would without it. 

I would recommend this palette for people new to strobing and highlighting as well as people looking for something to add to their more "natural" makeup looks. 

I think in general this is a good palette and I would get it again if I ran out of this- just due to the 4 great choices as well as it being a good price and cruelty free as well. You can't really go wrong in this case. 

Do you own this palette? Do you love/hate it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments! Also don't be afraid to make recommendations! -Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment