Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2016

e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator

So I had heard a ton about lip exfoliating and exfoliators that were becoming popular on intragram, pinterest, tumblr, etc. but I was unsure of what they were for exactly. Like yes obviously it's for exfoliating your lips, but my root question was why. 

I noticed this popularity was also in close proximity to that of the use of matte and liquid lipsticks and it began to click for me. In order to make sure your lipstick lasts longer you want a "blank" or "clean slate" so to speak of in terms of scrubbing off dead skin.
I wanted to see if this technique really worked and if it improved my lip "health" in any way so I went to one of my most favorite makeup brands of all time; e.l.f.
Sure enough keeping up with trends they had introduced their own lip exfoliators in brown sugar coconut, cherry creme, and sweet mint. I went with the most generic, which was the brown sugar coconut one.


Source: e.l.f.'s website.
Pros: 
-It is a great price!
-Tastes Great.
-Makes lips soft.
-Works as described.
Source: e.l.f.'s website.

Cons:
-Could be used up quickly.
-Gets dull often so I have to wipe it off. 

Source: Ulta's website.


I have seen so many advertisements for luxury lip scrubs and loose lip scrubs and overall I think if you are brand new to lip exfoliating, you should start here. It is only $3 dollars for this brand and there are 3 fun flavors to try out. Overall I love this product. I use it for both makeup prep and simple lip care before bed, etc. 

What do you think of e.l.f.'s lip exfoliator? Love it? Hate it? Leave a comment below! As always thank you so much for reading! -Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment