Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

Nivea Creme and Nivea Soft


So I've recently become aware and fascinated by the number of house hold, beauty, and other miscellaneous products are still tested on animals A theme here for my blog is trying to highlight products that are not tested on animals. We have enough knowledge of chemicals, soaps, makeup, toothpastes, and detergents now that we don't need to test on animals. Europe is already ahead of the U.S. with an international ban on cosmetic testing. That's definitely a  step in the right direction. 

Let's start with price. Both of these items are in the same neck-of-the-woods price wise. 
A 6.8oz jar of Nivea Creme is on average $5.99. A little goes a long way however, so you may just opt to get the cheaper 2.8oz tin and save a couple of bucks as those tend to be around $2-$3.
A 6.8oz jar of Nivea Soft is on average $5.09. I haven't personally seen any smaller or larger versions of Soft, but I do know that there is at least a tube of this same creme, and I've heard it has also come in other sizes for varying price. 
Once again, with both Nivea Soft and Nivea Creme, a little goes a long way.  I recommend using a foundation brush to apply the creme if you're using it on your face- this way it goes on evenly and hygienically and you don't use too much. I recommend the e.l.f. Foundation Brush. It's cheap, works well, and none of e.l.f.'s products are tested on animals. 

You can find both these products and more at Nivea's website.

My Review:

I grew up having extremely oily skin but lately it's been super dry and it just keeps getting more and more dry as the days go by. Some days I have an oily day but most days it feels like a desert!

If you have extremely dry skin, I highly recommend Nivea Creme. It is super hydrating and stays put. I personally use it before bed because I don't want to go out of the house while it's soaking up because I feel greasy. It really works though. If you use it right out of the shower as well, it will be much more effective. If you have very dry skin, this is the creme for you.It also works on hands, arms, legs, back, tummy, chest, or wherever else you need some hydration. Watch out, though, as it tends to be highly scented. While this scent is yummy, if you have any skin sensitivities or allergies to perfumes, this may not be your moisturizer. 

If you have dry to combination, or even oily skin, I recommend Nivea Soft. I heard about this one in a beauty group and was skeptical because I was already in love with the regular Nivea Creme. I have to tell you guys though, this is my favorite. I have "fancy" face cremes, but this is my absolute favorite. Very mildly scented if scented at all, goes on really light, moisturizes quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all. I use this morning and night. I shower in the morning so I apply it right afterwards and it tends to work all day. If I'm a little dry before bed I apply it again. Honestly, I love this creme. If there's any product to try for sure for any skin type it would be Nivea Soft. My skin has stopped breaking out, it has become more soft and even and it doesn't feel like the Saharan desert.

What are your thoughts on Nivea Creme vs. Nivea Soft? Love it? Hate it? Comment below! Feel free to leave a recommendation for me to try out and review later on! Thanks for reading!


Nivea Creme on left with Nivea Soft on right. (Image source: link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment